How to write perfect meta title and descriptions for your website?
Well, meta title and descriptions are an important component of SEO. Meta title and descriptions are HTML elements that usually show up when your website page appears on search engines like Google.
For example when someone searches a query on google then lots of website lists show up there. Each and Every website show up on google with meta title, description, and URL of the website, so that a user click on it and read the web page for the further information he was looking for.
Meta title and description play a primary role in determining how a search engine like Google rank your website on search results. So make sure you put enough time in finalizing your meta tags.
Meta Title Code Sample
Meta Description Tag Code Sample
<meta name=”description” content=”Target Keywords”>
How to Write Meta Tags Effectively
Your meta tags should contain all the keywrods you wish to rank for.
Here are some quicks tips to write your title tags effectively:
– The Length Of Meta Tags: Meta title length should be less than 70 characters as Google does not display more than 72 characters on search results. On the other hand, meta descriptions length should be between 152 to 160 characters.
– Use Unique Titles For Every Page: It helps the search engine understand that the content on your web page is unique and valuable. Another main benefit is it increases the CTR rate (Click-through rate) of your website which is an important ranking factor. If you have an e-commerce store then you must have tons of product pages, so you need to make sure that your title is unique on every product page.
– Keyword Placement: Your important and target keywords need to be first in your title tags. You can use this handy reference:
Target(Primary) Keyword – Secondary Keywords | Brand Name
– Make It Short And Simple: Don’t overdo SEO keywords. Keep your title tags short, simple and unique. Also, make sure your tags are human readable.
– Remove Duplicate Title Tags: Google hates duplicate tags. The duplicating title puts a negative effect on your site SEO too. So just make sure you write unique title and descriptions for each and every page of your website.
– Use Different Headeline (<h1> tag) From The Title Tags: Though we can use only one H1 heading in a single page, make sure your it is different from your title tags.
– Use Your Brand Name In The End Of The Title: You should take the benefits of your brand name. If you have a big, strong and popular brand, then adding your brand name at the end of your title may increase your CTR rate. Just make sure you don’t use them at the starting of your title.
Google May Override Your Title Tag
Yes, this may happen sometimes, Google might not use your title and it will rewrite if for search engine results. If Google finds that your title is not as good as it should be for search results, then it will override your title. So make sure your meta title and descriptions are completely relevant to the content of your web page. Some quick tips :
– Don’t do keyword stuffing.
– Use relevant and rich keyword title tags.
– Use the good and relevant title tags that well represent your page content.
Do you need help in writing your website meta tags or in any other job? Then contact us right now.